- Dicetel (Pinaverium) is a medication used to treat the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and disorders of the biliary tract.
- It works by blocking the activity of calcium ions in your intestinal muscles.
- The result is the relaxation of your intestines and colon.
- Store your Dicetel at room temperature and keep it out of reach of children. Directions
- Take your Dicetel with a meal or snack.
- Swallow the tablets whole.
- Avoid taking Dicetel right before lying down.
The usual dosage is:
- Take 50mg-100mg by mouth three times daily.
- Dicetel is known to interact with a medication class known as “anticholinergics.”
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about any medications you are using.
- Do not use Dicetel if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or considering becoming pregnant, talk to your doctor about the risks of using Dicetel.
- Dicetel can be irritating to your esophageal lining. You should swallow the tablets whole and take them with a meal or snack.
- Dicetel contains lactose.
- Avoid this medication if you have any of the following conditions:
- Galactose intolerance
- Lapp lactase deficiency
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption