- Takepron 30 Mg, Reduce Stomach Acidity & Relief Heartburn - 14 Capsules
- Lansoprazole 30 Mg Capsule
- Heartburn Drugs
Mechanism Of Action Of Lansoprazole
- Hydrochloric acid (HCl) secretion into the gastric lumen is a process regulated mainly by the H (+)/K (+)-ATPase of the proton pump, expressed in high quantities by the parietal cells of the stomach.
- Proton pump inhibitor that inhibits the secretion of gastric acid by irreversibly blocking the enzyme system of hydrogen/potassium (H+/K+-exchanging ATPase), the “proton pump” of the gastric parietal cell.
- Lansoprazole is a member of a class called “proton pump inhibitors”
Therapeutic Indications Of Takepron 30 Mg Capsules
- Duodenal ulcers (a sore that forms at the beginning of your small intestine)
- H Pylori eradication (bacteria that can live in your gut and cause ulcers) to prevent recurrence of duodenal ulcers
- Benign gastric ulcer (a non-cancerous sore that forms in your stomach)
- NSAID-associated ulcer (sore that forms in your gut due to excessive use of NSAIDs)
- GERD (acid reflux also known as “heartburn”): is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet (“food pipe”) which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause your symptoms such as a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
- Erosive esophagitis (acid irritation injuring the esophagus): inflammation that may damage tissues of the esophagus, the muscular tube that delivers food from your mouth to your stomach. Esophagitis can cause painful, difficult swallowing and chest pain.
- Pathological hyper-secretory conditions (problems in the gut that cause excessive acid production)
Method Of Administration Of Takepron 30 Mg Capsules
- Adults and children: Recommended dose and treatment duration is individualized based on age and indication.
- The usual dose ranges from 15 to 30mg once daily. Frequency is increased to twice or thrice daily if used for the eradication of H Pylori.
- Take tablets or capsules before food.
- Swallow delayed-release capsules whole.
- Do not chew or crush tablets or delayed-release capsules.
- If you cannot swallow a whole capsule, open the capsule and swallow the contents with a small amount of food or juice.
- The soluble tablet form of this medication dissolves rapidly in your mouth with or without water.
- Do not break soluble tablets.
- Take at the same time every day.
- Do not stop taking your medication without consulting your doctor.
- Do not take medication if the blister is broken, torn, or missing.
- Doses may be changed in special conditions so always follow your doctor's or pharmacist's instructions.
- If you take more than you should, talk to a doctor or go to the hospital straight away.
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it unless it is nearly time for your next dose.
- Do not take a double dose (two doses at the same time) to make up for the forgotten dose.
- Common side effects:
- Stomach pain
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Precautions While Taking Takepron 30 Mg Capsules
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.